Visit these Web sites for sources of research about distance learning.
- Academic Technologies for Learning, University of Alberta
- ATL's mission is to facilitate and transform teaching and learning through reflective application of educational technologies.
- American Center for the Study of Distance Education (ACSDE)
- Penn State’s American Center for the Study of Distance Education (ACSDE) was founded in 1986 to study and disseminate information about distance education in all its forms. As the first center of its kind in the United States, ACSDE has helped to shape distance education practice through its publications, research symposia, leadership institutes, and moderated listserv.
- California Distance Learning Research
- The CDLP conducts annual reviews of the California adult school Innovation Programs. These reviews provide detailed descriptive information on distance learning delivery, outcomes, and trends.
- Distance Education Clearinghouse
- This Web site provides a wide range of information about distance education and related resources. This comprehensive and widely recognized site brings together distance education information from Wisconsin, national, and international sources.
- National Center for the Study of Adult Learning and Literacy (NCSALL)
- The National Center for the Study of Adult Learning and Literacy (NCSALL) both informs and learns from practice. Its rigorous, high quality research increases knowledge and gives those teaching, managing, and setting policy in adult literacy education a sound basis for making decisions.
- Outreach and Technical Assistance Network
- OTAN is a state-funded project that provides electronic collaboration, access to information, and technical assistance for literacy and adult education providers.