Other Learning Web Sites
Visit these web sites for more learning activities.
- English for All
- Videos and learning activities to help adults learn English.
- This is an "electronic square" or village designed for adult learners with low basic literacy skills. There are a number of storefronts (health center, jobs center, library, family center, computer center, early childhood center, community arts center, library, and home buying and rentals center) with low-literacy content inside, much of it written by adult new readers and writers.
- Key New Readers Newspaper
- Easy-to-read news articles for the new reader or beginning ESL student and "mid-reading level" for those pre-GED and advanced ESL students.
- The LiteracyCenter.Net Web site provides safe learning activities for parents and teachers to share with young children. All online lessons are free of advertising and free of charge.
- Medline Plus - Interactive Health Tutorials
- These tutorial interactive health education resources are from the Patient Education Institute. Using animated graphics, each tutorial explains a procedure or condition in easy-to-read language. You can also listen to the tutorial.
- The Learning Edge
- The Learning Edge is a project of the Wellington County Learning Centre in Arthur, Ontario, Canada, in partnership with AlphaPlus/AlphaRoute. The site offers adult life skills content with excellent audio support.
- The Northern Edge
- A Canadian online newspaper for adult learners.
- Lessons and learning activities based on the TV411 television series to help adults improve basic skills.
- USA Learns
- This site contains three courses - beginning English, Intermediate English, and Practice English and Reading, which is based on this CDLP Web site and MyEFA.org, but with new and expanded activities.